You got the venue. You got the special guest speaker. You arranged all the food and beverage.
So you are all ready for your next event? Not exactly… You need people! You need audience!
All your friends promise you they will be there, but you want more. You want new faces and you have no idea how to get the words out.
Here is a list of 50 websites you can list & promote your next event: (BTW – I listed free listing websites by their Alexa Ranking)
1. – Yahoo Event Listing service
2. – Google Beta Event Listing
3. – I don’t really like myspace, but still you should know they have event posting capability.
5. – Use the “Post Bulletin” function to announce your event
7. – Use “Answer” to ask the right question and invite people.
8. – I have to be honest. I have just discovered this myself and not exactly sure how it work, but Technorati has TONS of traffic, we should go and figure it out.
9. – Check out their new feature sending your event info to your phone.
11. – Sport & Active Event only.
12. – I love their slogon “Life is Short … make it Eventful!”
13. – Free Local Classifieds Ad
14. – Event listing for cities including NYC, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and my hometown – San Francisco.
15. – Free PR Service.
16. – Free time sign up is free. I used them a few time. They are great!
18. TechSoup –For Non Profit Only. Follow instruction to join Upcoming.Org.
19. – Wine Event Only.
20. – Getting people involved.
21. – For Non Profit Event Only.
22. – Free Press Release Distribution & Writing Services.
24. – I like their network ticket selling concept. Sell tickets through other websites & blogs.
25. – Asian Event Listing for cities including NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, Portland, Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei.
27. – Free
You can pay to get the word out…
28. – You can even do Audio Ads now. Wow..
29. – Target audience to your specific event. I love meetup. Check out my two entrepreneur groups in San Francisco.
30. – Presss release newswire
31. –Paid PR Services – The Traditional Channel for press release
31. – New Beta Program for Public Relation Online.
32. – Advertise your company or event on any screen in their media network for the following cities: Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio. You will find their screen in businesses such as Tully, Juffy Lube and Jack in the Box etc.
Do you have a Green Event?
33. – Green Event Only. Contact them.
Are you from the Bay Area?
34. – Free listing, but you have to email them the details. No online form.
35. – Free Listing for Silicon Valley
37. – Johnny only accept free and fun event posting
38. – Still in Beta version for San Francisco & LA Area only.
If you are not from the Bay Area…
40. – Free
41. – Paid Ad
42. – Paid Ad
43. – Paid Ad
44. – Free
45. - Free
46. – Calendarlive.com Free.
48. - Free
49. - Free
50. - Free
51. (Philadelphia) - Free
52. - Free
Just for Fun
You can find out what important events are going on in the world!
(Don’t Even) Think About This
Never Never Never spam anyone. No one would show up to an event organized by spammer.
4 Responses to “52 Websites to Promote Your Next Event”