Meeting people online has become increasingly popular in recent years. Once you have met someone online and decided to have a first date with them, it can turn out to be very special. It is common to feel nervous and tense on your first date, worrying about your looks and if you will be able to hit it off with your partner. However, safety is essential when it comes to meeting someone for a first date. Prepare for your date carefully, keeping in mind all the do’s and don’ts and know what to do in case of an emergency. Make sure that you have fun but also be safe on the date. Here are some of the tips you will have to follow to be safe on a first date.
- Preparing for the Date: Know them in the first place. Before you agree to go out with someone, make sure that you know them. You should have an idea about his personality to some extent, and his contact as well. You can even search the web for their name and know about their history. Searching their name on Google will give you their social profiles. Go through them, and you will be able to get a better feeling about your potential partner.
- Inform Someone: Never forget to inform someone reliable about your date. Tell them where you will be going, what time you might return, and when it is supposed to start. Tell them the name of the person you will be going and also give them their number if possible. Ask them to check on you once or twice during the date with a phone call or a text. If you are not able to respond for more than 2 hours, they can call the police.
- Meet in a Public Place: Never invite your first date to your home. Always suggest a public place for the first meet. You can go to a place like a movie theatre or a restaurant where there will be so many people. Always keep in mind that you should not go somewhere with someone to a place which is isolated. You can even double date with your friend if you do not want to feel lonely. However, if you are looking to find singles in your area, you can try searching for Sydney Singles events and find your special someone there.
- Be Responsible for Your Transportation: It is always ideal for taking care of your means of transport for the first date. You do not want a date to turn into a stalking situation. Having your means of transportation will show that you are not dependent on anyone, and it is a good thing.
- Pack all the Necessary Things: Make sure that you never leave for your first date without a cellphone and a wallet. If you end up splitting the bill at dinner, make sure that you do not leave any traces which might lead back to your home at any cost. You must have a cellphone to contact someone in case of emergency. You can even carry a few items like pepper spray to help you in times of need.
- Trust Your Instincts: This is something you need to believe all the time. Your brain has a way of communicating with you when something does not feel right. People refer to this as “gut instincts.” When your mind gets the feeling that something unsafe is happening, you will have a sense of tension. Always believe these feelings.
- Stay Sober: There is absolutely nothing wrong with going out for a drink or two. However, it is not advisable to get drunk. Drinking leads to a reduced awareness of understanding risks, and it will make you weak to fight back. It can also trigger people to begin an assault on you. Never go beyond your recommended capacity to drink on a first date. By doing this, you can feel safe at all times and also be prepared for anything which might come in your way.
Follow all these tips and stay safe at all time. Also, do not forget to have fun!